Values-based Practice in Diagnostic & Therapeutic Radiography – A Training Template.
This Handbook is based on the original document, Values-based Practice in Clinical Care developed by the surgical care team of the Collaborating Centre for Values-based Practice in Health and Social Care; with the support of a wide range of colleagues, patients and Collaborating Centre Partners.
The main editors for this original work were Ashok Handa, Tutor for Surgery in Oxford and Co-director of the Collaborating Centre, and Bill Fulford, Director of the Collaborating Centre.
A small team, comprising of committee members of the Association of Radiography Educators (ARE) and other interested radiography educators, have adapted materials from the original Handbook for use by both diagnostic and therapeutic radiographers. The team members are:
- Dr Ruth Strudwick Associate Professor & Professional Lead: Radiography & IPL, University of Suffolk
- Dr Ann Newton-Hughes Lecturer in Radiography, University of Salford
- Sue Gibson Senior Lecturer, Canterbury Christ Church University
- Joanne Harris Macmillan Practice Educator for Oncology & Education Lead – pre-registration therapeutic students
- Mark Gradwell Senior Lecturer, Professional Lead for Diagnostic Radiography & IPE Director, Canterbury Christ Church University
- Emma Hyde Head of Diagnostic Imaging, University of Derby
- Jane Harvey-Lloyd Associate Professor in Radiography, University of Suffolk
- Tracy O’Regan Professional Officer Clinical Imaging, Society and College of Radiographers
- Julie Hendry Senior Lecturer and Course Director Therapeutic Radiography, Kingston & St George’s University of London
The scenarios included in this Handbook have been piloted with radiographers and students at study days and university teaching sessions. We are grateful to these individuals for their input.
The handbook was launched in October 2018 and has been used at study days and in training sessions since then.