I am advanced academic researcher with long standing interests in philosophy of mental health. One particular area of my recent publications is the comprehensive values-person-centered assessment of controversial health care situations emerging in the context of cultural pluralism.
Communications/website, Education, Management, Meeting/ASS (Advanced Studies Seminar), Publications/CUP series, Research/philosophy
Communication skills, Medical humanities/[medical psychology
1. Loughlin, M., Bluhm, R., Stoyanov, D. S., Buetow, S., Upshur, R. E.,
Borgerson, K., ... & Kingma, E. (2013). Explanation, understanding,
objectivity and experience. Journal of evaluation in clinical practice,
2. Stoyanov, D., Machamer, P., & Schaffner, K. F. (2013). In quest for
scientific psychiatry: Toward bridging the explanatory gap. Philosophy,
Psychiatry, & Psychology, 20(3), 261-273.
3. Stoyanov, D., Stanghellini, G., & Broome, M. (2012). Conceptual Issues
in Psychiatric Neuroimaging: An Update. Current topics in medicinal
4. Stoyanov D (Ed.), (2013). Psychopathology: Theory, Perspectives and
Future Approaches, Nova Science Publishers, 2013: New York, USA
5. Stoyanov, D (Ed.), (2014). New Model of Burn Out Syndrome: Towards
early diagnosis and prevention, River Publishers, 2014: Aalborg, Denmark
6. Stoyanov, D, R. Cloninger (2011). Relation of People Centered Public
Health to Person Centered Health Care Management: a case study to reduce
burn out, Int J Pers Cent Med, Vol. 2 (1): 90-95
7. Zachar, P., Stoyanov, D. S., Aragona, M., & Jablensky, A. (Eds.).
(2014).Alternative perspectives on psychiatric validation: DSM, IDC, RDoC,
and Beyond. Oxford University Press.
8. Stoyanov, D (Ed), (2015). Towards New Philosophy of Mental Health,
Perspectives from Neuroscience and Humanities, Cambridge Scholars